Monday, March 26, 2007

SALES STAFF OF ATHENS FASTNERS


We went to visit our son and his family for a few days last week. We had a good time. I got a sore throat the day after we got there, so I was'nt feeling well the whole time. We did go to Bubba Jeans ( now thats a redneck name if I ever heard one) resturant on Friday night to eat. It was buffet style. They had fried and boiled shrimp, crab cakes, catfish, bar-b-que, chicken tenders, and probably other things that I can't remember.
One of the reasons we went was to do some research on starting a business. My son wants to start a fastner buisness, selling bolts, nuts, nails, and other fastners. We made several contacts and had some pretty favorable results. We contacted several cabinet shops and home builders, and it seems they all wanted someone that would sell and service nail guns. They were all very supportive and said they would buy nails from us, if we were competive in prices. Came back home on Saturday, and was tired so we took a nap.
We are having evangelistic classes every night this week in church, and all day on Saturday. We are very excited about it. We hope it will make us more productive in winning lost souls.. Need to start getting ready, so will post more later.

3 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Jim, If the rest of the week at church is as good as it was tonight, my cup will be pouring over. I can't wait to learn all that I need to know but I don't think I will be able to wait until Saturday evening to go witness. I am planning to go tomorrow. love you, connie

Theresa's Notes said...

Hey Dad, I'm glad you and Mom had a good time with Jason and his family.

See you in Church :)

Daniel said...

That Bubba Jeans sounded pretty good!

THE OLD TEXAS NAIL BENDER

My photo
Freeport, Texas, United States
My name is Jim McEntire. I am 65 years old. I have been married to the same wonderful woman for almost 45 years. We have 5 children,19 grandkids,and 3 great grandkids. I am the second oldest of 5 kids. I was born in Malakoff,Tx. on March 8,1941. We have lived in Freeport,Tx. since 1967. I am a retired carpenter from Dow Chemical Co. We are charter members of Faith Baptist Church in Freeport (the best church in the world).