Thursday, April 12, 2007

MY SOAPBOX OFTHE DAY

I have listened for the last several days about the outrage of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton over the remarks of Don Imas. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton both have the word reverand before their names. I have never listened to Don Imas because of the filth and vile things that comes from his mouth. However he can go on his radio show and use Gods name in vain, call christians all sorts of names, and say anything he wants to about Jesus, my Lord and Savior and not a peep from Jackson or Sharpton. How much more should they be offended by his remarks about Christ, than the girls basketball team. You will not find me using the name reverand before their names, because being a christian I'm ashamed that they even call themselves preachers. Now don't get me wrong, I think what Imas said was terrible, but he has said things before that was much more offensive to me and should have been to them if they are truly men of God.
Another thing about their outrage of Imas's remarks and calls for him to be fired. They have certianly been silent about the misjustice of the Duke Lacrosse players. In saying this, I think the boys have to take some responsibility for this themselves. They should not have the sttippers in their house at all. The Bible says that we are to abstain from the presence of evil. But my question is this, why are Jesse and Al not calling for the firing of Nifong, and punishment of the woman that made the false accusations against these boys. I can't help but wonder if the reason is because she is black and they are white.

2 comments:

TO BECOME said...

I think this world would be a lot better off if we were all color blind and made our conclusion about people based on their character which to me is of much more importance. I am not going to listen to trash and vulgarity in any form or from any people.My ears are tuned to a different sound. love you, good post, connie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for you'r comments. Jim

THE OLD TEXAS NAIL BENDER

My photo
Freeport, Texas, United States
My name is Jim McEntire. I am 65 years old. I have been married to the same wonderful woman for almost 45 years. We have 5 children,19 grandkids,and 3 great grandkids. I am the second oldest of 5 kids. I was born in Malakoff,Tx. on March 8,1941. We have lived in Freeport,Tx. since 1967. I am a retired carpenter from Dow Chemical Co. We are charter members of Faith Baptist Church in Freeport (the best church in the world).