Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Well it's been a few hours since I've posted, so I guess it's about time. Really I was trying to hold off until Jason, Jeremy and Jeff posted. Well I waited out Jason, but Jeff and Jeremy still hasn't posted, so I give up.
As most know I went back to work full time about a month ago. I say full time, and I have only worked 40 hours one week. Part was at my request, and at other times it was because there was nothing to do. My understanding is that they have work coming soon. I enjoyed it so far, but I'm not to dissappointed when they send me home to be with my sweetheart. I am working for G.S.I. It is a contracting company that does work inside the chemical plants. I hired in as a carpenter, but I was told that I would be doing some sheetrock work, such as taping and floating, and textureing, which I would like to learn. I always enjoy learning new things. My big concern was being on my feet for 8 hours, and when I went to work I found out I would'nt be on my feet 8 hours, but instead they work 4 10 hour days, so instead of being on my feet for 8 hours I'm on my feet for 10 hours. On top of all that I found out that I was required to wear steel toed shoes, so I'm on my feet 10 hours a day breaking in a new pair of steel toed shoes. My feet hurt terribly bad for a few days, but it is much better now. It's Tina's (my daughter-in laws) fault that my feet hurt. Let me explain. The last time that they were at our house, she noticed that I had bunnions on my feet, and she asked me if they hurt and I told her no, but they have hurt ever since, so it's her fault, because she brought it to my attention. I always thought everybodys feet looked like that.
I will try to post more often, because I have decided that I can't out wait Jeff, and Jeremy.

7 comments:

TO BECOME said...

I am going to have to start calling this "Jim's Comments." You know like Haley's Comet comes so few times that I am always surprised to find It. I am so happy though, to find that you have left a post.:) This was a very good post. I am glad you are over most of the hard days of working again. I, too, enjoy the days they send you home. Poor Tina, getting blamed for your bunions hurting. Hope you see more of you in this venue.love you, connie

Anonymous said...

Haley's Comet is out of this world, just like my post, so I thought that was a good comparsion. Love you to, Jim

Theresa's Notes said...

I try and get Jeremy to post but he is still reluctant to participate.

Jeremy used to work for Gulf States, (goofy states) when we was first married. It's neat that you work for them now.

Larry...the Mow Man said...

Howdy, Old Nail Bender.

I know about the steel toe shoes. Had to wear them 40 years ago when I worked to B.F.Goodrich.
County Police worked us 12 on and 12 off for nearly a year before we turned hostile. Church was fantastic today. Great message and lots of visitors. One of our Green Barets came home.

Anonymous said...

Theresa, thanks for the comments. I had forgotten that Jeremy worked at Gulf States. Dad

Anonymous said...

Larry thanks for the comments. We to had great church services. Our pastor (our son) and his family are on vacation for two weeks, but we have several men that fill in when he is gone. They all do a great job. Glad to hear that one of your soldier boys (the Green Baret) got home. I have to post as anonymous, because if I try to post under my blogger name,it messes up my wifes blog, and I'm not smart enough t figure out why. jim

TO BECOME said...

Jim, I have tagged you to do a ME ME ME. You will have to go to my blog to see what you have to do. If you deside to do it please let me know so that I can come read your. love you, connie

THE OLD TEXAS NAIL BENDER

My photo
Freeport, Texas, United States
My name is Jim McEntire. I am 65 years old. I have been married to the same wonderful woman for almost 45 years. We have 5 children,19 grandkids,and 3 great grandkids. I am the second oldest of 5 kids. I was born in Malakoff,Tx. on March 8,1941. We have lived in Freeport,Tx. since 1967. I am a retired carpenter from Dow Chemical Co. We are charter members of Faith Baptist Church in Freeport (the best church in the world).