Friday, March 14, 2008

Twas the night before the wedding, when all through the night
I lay there wondering if what I was doing was right
Forty-six years later, I look back on my life
I cannot imagine you not being my wife
Theres been times we did'nt have much money
But I did'nt need wealth, I had you as my honey
You gave birth to four wonderful boys
Then comes christmas and we had to buy all those toys
Then along came the girl we never had
You was her mom and I was her dad
Theres been happy times, sad times, smiles and tears
But overall it's been a wonderful forty-six years
The two greatest words I ever heard you say was "I do"
At that moment I knew that you loved me as much as I loved you
And if I had to do it agin
I'd do it the same way, and thats no spin
I LOVE YOU, JIM

2 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Sometimes you amaze me. I didnot know that I have really marry a poet. That was so sweet. I love you, too!! If I had it to do all over again, I would do it with you. your honey, connie

His Wife and Their Mommy said...

that was really sweet Dad. good job.

THE OLD TEXAS NAIL BENDER

My photo
Freeport, Texas, United States
My name is Jim McEntire. I am 65 years old. I have been married to the same wonderful woman for almost 45 years. We have 5 children,19 grandkids,and 3 great grandkids. I am the second oldest of 5 kids. I was born in Malakoff,Tx. on March 8,1941. We have lived in Freeport,Tx. since 1967. I am a retired carpenter from Dow Chemical Co. We are charter members of Faith Baptist Church in Freeport (the best church in the world).