Thursday, May 1, 2008

Well, I went berry picking on Monday. Picked about a gallon in about 45 mins. I hope to get back next week and pick some more. I would like to pick at lest 5 gallons. Our grand-daughter, Olivia brought us a jar of home made blackberry jelly the other day. It was delicious. We get so used to eating store bought jelly and think it is good until we eat some real jelly, and then we realize what we've been missing. I said I would like to pick 5 gallons of berries. I would like to make jelly out of 3 gal. and freeze the other 2 gal. for blackberry cobbler. My wife made a blackberry cobbler on Tuesday and it was delicious also. I personally think it was the best she has ever made. Hopefully later on we will get to pick some strawberries, and make some strawberry jelly, and then we would like to get some pears and peaches for different kinds of jelly. I think my personal favorite is pear perserves, however I like them all. I guess I better shut this down, because I'm getting hungery just thinking about it.

3 comments:

His Wife and Their Mommy said...

yeah you are making me hungry too. maybe sometime some will teach me to make jelly..

Jeremy C said...

I'll make you deal. You pick 'em and I'll eat 'em. :)

TO BECOME said...

I am so glad that you know where to find the blackberries. Ummm, lots of blackberry jam or blackberry cobbler. love you, connie

THE OLD TEXAS NAIL BENDER

My photo
Freeport, Texas, United States
My name is Jim McEntire. I am 65 years old. I have been married to the same wonderful woman for almost 45 years. We have 5 children,19 grandkids,and 3 great grandkids. I am the second oldest of 5 kids. I was born in Malakoff,Tx. on March 8,1941. We have lived in Freeport,Tx. since 1967. I am a retired carpenter from Dow Chemical Co. We are charter members of Faith Baptist Church in Freeport (the best church in the world).