Friday, January 12, 2007

MY SOAPBOX FOR THE DAY

Hello I'm back.

Soapbox #1


I don't understand why we the American people, through voting, hire someone to do a job and then allow him or her to spend the time in office campainging for a higher office. I see governers and senators that will spend the next two years campainging for the office of president. I think when they are elected they should have to sign a contract, that they would either resign or wait until their term expires to run for a higher office. I worked 27 years for Dow Chem. Can you imagine if I told my supervisor that I wanted to take off 2 years, with pay, to look for another job. I'm sure that they would give me the rest of my life off without pay in order to find another job. We as voters should demand that our elected officials fullfil the job they were elected to do.
I voted for and support President Bush, but he spent the last 2 years as governor campainging for president and not doing the job he was elected to do.

Soapbox #2

Nancy Pelosi said that when the Dems. took control of the house they would begin working 5 days a week instead of 3 days a week. I'm not sure that we, as tax payers, could afford to have them to work more than 3 days a week. But back to the issue. One of the first things that the speaker did was give congress a day off to watch the national football championship game. Sounds like the old indian saying "the speaker speaks with a forked tongue". Did anyone out there get that day off, except for our overpaid congress.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Never looked at it like that before!

THE OLD TEXAS NAIL BENDER

My photo
Freeport, Texas, United States
My name is Jim McEntire. I am 65 years old. I have been married to the same wonderful woman for almost 45 years. We have 5 children,19 grandkids,and 3 great grandkids. I am the second oldest of 5 kids. I was born in Malakoff,Tx. on March 8,1941. We have lived in Freeport,Tx. since 1967. I am a retired carpenter from Dow Chemical Co. We are charter members of Faith Baptist Church in Freeport (the best church in the world).