Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Rain, rain go away
Little Johnny wants to play
Come again some other day

This is the day which the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Ps. 118:24
This is about the 10th day in a row that we have had rain. I'm sure that we would all like to see some sunshine. We really don't like this cold, rainy, dreary weather. But you know that not many months from now we will be complaining that it's to hot and dry. We just never seem to be satisfied with the weather. After complaining today about the weather, I thought about this verse in Psalms. This is the day that the Lord has made. We should be thankful for it. There are a lot of people that can't even get out of bed to go outside. I just thought of the old saying "I complained because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet". Let's just sit back and enjoy the day that God has made.

5 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Good advice, I will try to take it. I still prefer the sunshine though, but I am thankful that I am alive and well and able to enjoy the things God has made. Thanks. love you, Connie

Theresa's Notes said...

I like this kind of weather,, so call me crazy,, I can take it. (smile)

LoneStarBlogger said...

The weather here said this is the 5th wettest January in 150 years for Austin. I love every minute of it. The price of hay will make you want a little rain.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

I like rainy days...just as long as they are a little spread out. :)

THE OLD TEXAS NAIL BENDER said...

O.K. O.K. I give up. It seems that I am the only one that does not like this kind of weather. I really do enjoy it from time to time, but come on now, 12 days in a row. JIM

THE OLD TEXAS NAIL BENDER

My photo
Freeport, Texas, United States
My name is Jim McEntire. I am 65 years old. I have been married to the same wonderful woman for almost 45 years. We have 5 children,19 grandkids,and 3 great grandkids. I am the second oldest of 5 kids. I was born in Malakoff,Tx. on March 8,1941. We have lived in Freeport,Tx. since 1967. I am a retired carpenter from Dow Chemical Co. We are charter members of Faith Baptist Church in Freeport (the best church in the world).